Life must blossom like a flower
Offering itself to the Divine

-The Mother

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today is my 50th B'Day!!!

Today I turned 49! During this half century many people came into my life (first I came into some of their lives!) I thank God for all the people ……places ….. things …. Experiences …. EVERYTHING!!!!

I consider myself as Lucky …….and Thank them

For being born in a country where many Saints and Seers took birth to pass the ultimate wisdom by manifesting the Divine in all the five natural elements , Sun , Moon and the ‘Being’ that is present in all that is Living.

The ancestral family I was born in from whom I inherited the habit of looking within myself to find the reasons for joy or sorrow.

My father for nurturing me with democratic principles and valuable inputs on the art of living.

My mother for setting an example to stand strongly on the path of Spirituality.

My brothers and sisters for all the sweet memories I cherish of my childhood and for their consistent love and affection.

My teachers who enabled me to read, write, compute , sing and think.

Books, lectures and movies for the knowledge , insight , inspiration , motivation and also entertainment.

My husband for the freedom and bliss I have been enjoying ever since I got married.

My F-I-L, M-I-L, Sisters and Brothers- in-law for replacing my kith and kin during some special occasions, festivals and celebrations after my marriage.

My two sons for making me proud with all the virtues they possess.

My employee schools for providing an opportunity to have recognition as a Teacher in the society.

My students for being smart enough to understand what I taught and gave me the satisfaction and success as a teacher.

Friends for the warmth I experienced being with them.

My maids who help me in my daily household chores enabling me to use my strength productively.

NGOs for giving me opportunities to visit few other countries and meet my colleagues around the world.

Finally…

This IC Technology for providing the platform to express my feelings on this day to share with you!

2 comments:

  1. Such an honest and down to earth job for a person who is about 49 years! It is not easy to thank someone else on how they helped shape you and I do not know how that would feel to do as one grows old. Certain references you made above are really very touching and they show the real kind hearted and right spirited person as I know. There are a lot of take aways for youngsters like me from this post and I did make note of them.
    A very very happy year ahead for you :-)

    bhaskar

    ReplyDelete