Life must blossom like a flower
Offering itself to the Divine

-The Mother

Monday, April 19, 2010

Beautiful Minds

Today is Sunday .Morning I was talking to my maid leisurely while she was cleaning the vessels. We stay in a flat in the first floor of an apartment building. Adjacent to our building is a big house whose backyard is visible to us. My looks naturally fall on the big mango tree and the jackfruit tree whenever I stand in my balcony. I saw the landlady of that house many times under that tree casually walking or sipping her morning coffee. We never spoke to each other before. But today she waved her hand moving nearer and gesturing to come near. I thought she wanted to inquire about the maid as it is common for the maids to be absent on a Sunday. She said “Please do not stop singing. You sing so sweetly. Continue singing.” Initially I was confused and then I understood what she was saying and said shyly, “Oh! Is my singing audible to you too! See its my habit to sing while working in the kitchen…”. Keeping one hand on her ear, she said, “the music reaches our ears so melodiously, do not stop singing.” I murmured a thank you .Later I realized for the past one week, I was too irritated with the heat and stopped singing. I started reflecting on this. Is it so easy to appreciate somebody so sincerely?! Is it possible to be open minded like her?! Indeed she is beautiful not to mention that she made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment