Life must blossom like a flower
Offering itself to the Divine

-The Mother

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sweet Nothings in my Teaching life

‘Look at my drawing! Ma’am! Is it not beautiful?!’ exclaimed Sowmya admiring at her own creation in Paint Application. It was on the final practical test – she selected ‘Children’s’ Park’ among the 5 themes given and worked deeply engrossed. At the end of the period, after saving her work fondly, Sowmya confided ‘Ma’am, you know , I was unable to draw well earlier . But now I can ‘. ‘Yes Sowmya, you did very well today’, I appreciated heartily. She left the lab, her face beaming with a sense of achievement.

‘I found it ! Ma’am, I got it!’ Harshit shouted one day with excitement on exploring a way out of a problem using his common sense. It was on the first day of introducing LOGO programming to their class, grade III.

(There are numerous such enriching experiences which I treasure for my whole life.)

It has been my pleasure watching these young students working seriously on their computers, creating original master pieces adding wings to their imagination. These many success stories wouldn’t have happened I know, if students have to share a computer with another student/(s). I thank my school management for providing such an infrastructure and for the satisfaction I get because of it at the end of every computer period. May every child in this world get all the facilities to increase their knowledge and skills !

No comments:

Post a Comment