Life must blossom like a flower
Offering itself to the Divine

-The Mother

Monday, April 19, 2010

Reflections on the Journalism course I 've done recently

‘A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study’. So goes a Chinese proverb and I feel that’s what happened in my life during the past 8 weeks though it was not one person but many people I had been interacting, exchanging ideas, critically analyzing, interviewing. I thank each and every one of my classmates for all the learning experiences I have gathered in this course. I extend my gratefulness to our facilitators Saeed and Asma for their enduring support and encouragement and for showing immense patience to read and comment on each of my (sometimes rather Silly) postings. I’m indebted to iEARN for all this enriching experiences in my life.
Some of the assumptions I had about online learning and international collaboration project work before this course are ….
That I may not get time to work on the Internet for a long time due to power cut and slow Internet connectivity. That I may not be able to submit assignments in time and the facilitators will not be very understanding. That I may not be able to understand the recourses they provide me to read.
I found each and every aspect of this course most useful in the following way...
• My name project gave me an insight into myself.
• About iEARN provided an understanding of iEARN.
• Constructive learning and youth media theory facilitated me to realize the importance of Media literacy to be imparted among the students right now.
• Project Based Learning taught me how effective it is to teach by collaborating.
• Multimedia reporting tools enriched my technological skills.
• Assessments and evaluation guides helped me to develop professionally as a teacher.
• By sharing my project plans, I could actually discover new ideas to improve.
• Interviewing activity is a great fun and increased my friendship.
• I was overwhelmed to hear my facilitator’s voice during Elluminate webinar session.
• Creating a blog gave me a confidence that I too can publish online.
• Shooting videos is a meaningful act for me now.
Some challenges I faced were
After completing two weeks work,I came across a problem and I could not get back to my course forum for another two weeks. I was apprehensive whether I could catch up with my course mates or not. But I could succeed by the end. Webinar session was little disappointing as I could not see anything on the whiteboard. But I’m happy that I could join the session and hear my facilitators’ voices. Power cuts now and then irritated me but if I think back they actually provided time for me to think and reflect.
In future I would like to start a newspaper in my school, post articles for PEARL virtual room and Empower Peace forum, participate in Learn Central webinars and would like to play the role of a facilitator for the next course!

No comments:

Post a Comment